Moorgate Benchmarks is currently building up its index calculation capabilities. The project is an ongoing agile development process in parallel with its operational processes.
Moorgate is looking to hire as soon as possible an experienced operational lead with the ability to support all disciplines, development, operations as well as research & design, focusing in the following Areas:
Key Accountabilities and Scope
Define & build out operational processes
- Operating & monitoring calculations incl. the application of Corporate Actions
- Establish index rebalancing processes
- Establish quality controls
- Establish operational reporting
- Establish & maintain communication processes with
- Data vendors and clients
- Moorgate index research and design
- Define operational requirements to development team
- Assist development team of Moorgate Index Engine capabilities in
- Assist in identifying suitable data vendors and ongoing screening of vendor quality
- System testing
- Prototype calculations
- Build out operational team
- Define staffing requirements within Moorgate budget & strategy
- Define staffing requirements
- Train, develop & manage the team
- During the team build out the successful hire will be expected to undertake “hands on” corporate actions management as needed.
- Assist R&D team in defining index rebalancing methodologies, and the best handling of corporate actions etc. within index design
Technology and operations will be build out from Giessen near Frankfurt but needs to be able to support a truly global business. Moorgate focusses on lean processes and state of the art technology to be highly flexible in reaction to clients’ & strategic requirements.
The company needs to be seen as more innovative, more knowledgeable and more accurate than its competitors and therefore attention to detail, subject matter expertise, technology orientation and thinking outside the standard are key requirements for this position.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent, with major in mathematical, analytical or technical field strongly preferred.
- Experience in building and running operations for multiple time zones
- Background in index industry, profound understanding of corporate actions handling
- Well acquainted with different asset classes, excellent knowledge in equities
- Experience with SQL beneficial; additional knowledge of scripting/programming language for ETL development (e.g. Ruby, Python) is a bonus but not a must.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel and the structuring of complex analyses is key
- Creative problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle and get things done.
- Willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorming solutions to execution.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across functions including product, marketing, analytics, engineering.
- Willingness to engage with clients at all levels